Thursday, March 5, 2009

iMess - My First iPhone Application has been released


Hello Everyone

I'm glad to share that my first iPhone application has been released. Its name is "iMess". I'm still a newbie on iTunes apple store, so I'm not sure what to expect. The status of my application has just changed from "In Review" to "Ready for Sale".

According to Apple documentation, this means that the app should be available on the App Store by now. However, I cannot find it anywhere yet. Hopefully it will show up soon (after the servers get refreshed).

Anyway, this is a fairly simple and fun application. I have chosen it because it does not require an advanced AI engine or special Graphic Effects. It is a puzzle game and it is very popular among Brazilian people.

It is composed by a background image sliced and applied into several squares. The difficulty level is based on the number of squares and on how much you ask the system to mess the pieces up. The system will iMess the board and the challenge is getting all pieces back on the right places by moving them around. The only move strategy is via an empty slot on the board.

From the developer side, I have included a feature that I wish existed when I was a kid. Believe it or not, I have never been able to win this board when the pieces were REALLY messed up. Because of this frustration, I have included an IA feature that can tell the player all the right moves to organize the board. This way, even I myself can play with the game :-) .

I will post some screen-shots later on so you can see what it looks like. If you have any interesting ideas for iPhone Apps, let me know and I may be able to make it work.


-Luciano

No comments: